Friday, May 8, 2009

First Friday of shaping surfboards

May 8, 2009
Today I woke up early and went into Concord with Tyler and Chris. We had to grab some last minuet supplies that we forgot to get earlier. After we got back to campus around noon time I started to sand then edges of my board to get it ready for fiber glassing. For fiber glassing the bottom I had to mix the epoxy perfectly. I decided to add a hint of light blue die to add a different look to my board. I used a little piece of rectangular rubber to spread the epoxy evenly over the bottom of my board. The blue die came out a little lighter than I thought but it looked good. I will then have to add another coat to my board then sand it down to make everything even. After that I will then move to the top of my board.

No comments:

Post a Comment